Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some notes.

As of now, I'm only going to be doing DC comic reviews. First off, its a financial thing. I can only afford so many comics a month. Next off it's a growing up/preference thing. While I'm sure with a fair chance and some time Marvel and some indie titles can be/are great. However I will mostly be focusing on the big Two plus their subsidiaries vertigo, dark horse, wildstorm, image etc...(Eventually). The reason I prefer DC to Marvel though, is that DC tends to be a much more fictional universe, and if I am reading for pleasure, I am reading for escapism.

Marvel does too much to emulate the real world, and I'm just not personally into that. They do have a nice cast of Characters, Spider Man obviously, The X-Men, Captain America, Dr. Strange, Howard the Duck. All of which I would love to explore in the future, and very well may, once I have more money.

DC though to me, just gives a nice blend of sci-fi, gritty realism, campiness, and fantasy throughout all their titles. And with the Exception of Wonder Woman, 4/5 of their Main Franchises are quite solid right now.

So now that I've knocked out some of the preliminary things, lets try to get a review up for this first day. Keep in mind my reviews may be a bit inconsistent format wise for a little while, as I try out a couple different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment